Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 324: Twists and Turns; the swing of things

Twists and Turns; the swing of things
(a poem)
My
                                                      Love
                                                                                                            Story
                  with                            
                                                                             running

is much like
what you'd expect
from one with
a man.

I
                  broke        
                                             my
                                                                     promises,
                                                                                              as usual.
you have to
understand
though,
I was broken
inside.

the peace I made with myself
at dusk and dawn
was to silence those demons
who hadn’t yet even formed.

know?
change?
me.



Break                                                                                                                                               Make
Up                                                                                                                                                        Up
Won’t let you go.
can’t let You stay.

Break                                                                                                                                                   Me

Me                                                                                                                                                    Make
Lord, knows
you should have been here with me
but you were gone.

Echo
my ears.
my silence


Why? you ask.
Battle
 the hard things.
  Love you at night and in the mornings.
Because
In
Darkness
I
Don’t
Need
To See
Your (my)
face.

why?
 I don’t have the answers.
wind howls
*       *
why?

I DON’T HAVE THE ANSWERS.
howls.
i’m sorry.
silence.

can’t
meet
your
eyes

this isn’t fun anymore

Leaving.
because of you.

i quit

stop looking. find…
you.

everywhere I turn
each place I look
each smile I see
each corner I turn
each morning sunshine
each dark night
can’t bring you back.
Won’t let you stay.


alone. with everyone.
if
i
am
not a runner.
                             Not
                                             a
                                                      runner.
                                                                                 I ask,
                                                      what
                                             am
                             i
running from?

re-start?

we are close.
         we are far.
love?
cold nights.
hard days.
reel in the feast.
compartmentalize the days.
some day i’ll have it back.
some day the ease will be mine again.
some day i will not stop once I start
Some DAY.


rivers
                                                          and
roads
rivers
                                                          and

roads

rivers till I reach you.




I have been talking a lot lately about the poetry classes I took in college. I had one teacher in particular who very much influenced my writing and helped me really express myself. This is dedicated to her. Thank you Selah for helping me express myself through poetry and tell my story even when I didn't want to talk about it. You believed in me and I can never thank you enough for that.
Here is a link to her blog: http://divinatorypoetics.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment