Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 444: Home is in my Running Shoes

Hey everyone!



I hope you all are having a great day and I just wanted to say a few words. So this blog (and the list of readers) has grown immensely in the last year and I wanted to stop a minute from talking about me and say a really big THANK YOU to all of you. When I started this blog, it was to just keep me honest about my running/training schedule. Nothing more. But then over time, it became more of a story of an evolving runner and I began to get feedback about the entries and their effect on people reading the blog. I can't properly express how much it means to me, all of the very kind things those of you who have commented or messaged me have all said about these entries over the last year and change. After some of my recent entries, I got a lot of positive feedback about how the entries were helpful, inspiring, interesting and how it would make for a great book. I really took these to heart and felt encouraged about my writing. So thank you, thank you, thank you for reading and thank you so much for your responses as well.


You all have helped me to get the courage to do something I was scared to death to even try to do: write a book! Now, I can't promise when it will be completed or if it will even get published, but the wheels have been set in motion and I have started working on it. My current idea is that it will be part memoir - part running story, but it will focus on the evolution of one runner (me), and my journey on three levels: 1) from being a regular person to a running enthusiast, 2) from being un-healthy and sedentary to physically fit, and 3) the journey to becoming an ultra marathoner. The goal of the book, as is a major goal in my life right now, is to complete an ultra marathon, specifically a 50 mile Ultra. So I just wanted to share that with you, as well as the title (you really can't write a book, until you've got the title) is: "Home is in my Running Shoes." This is a very exciting new piece of my life right now, and I am so grateful I've had such an awesome audience to share it with.


I definitely wouldn't have made it here without the love, encouragement, and support of my family, my boyfriend, and my all of my awesome friends (i.e. - all of you) so one last time THANK YOU!!! :)



Much love and thanks,


Emma Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment