Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Days 1-6: Baby Steps

It's funny how when you decide to get back to something, the first thing you do is immediately slack off. Hence my re-starting/new beginnings post back 6 days ago and then nothing. Predictable for me, but I'm trying to change that.

So here is my recap of these last few days:

Day 1: Felt very motivated. Used the excuse of having to take my truck in for inspection stuff as an excuse to run. Drove the truck to the place (about 1.5 miles from my work) and then ran back to work. Then after work, ran back to the vehicle service place, got my truck and drove it back to work. Then I did a awesome tabata work out. I've been getting really into these interval workouts. They are so So SO hard, but really reap wonderful results, my arms almost look as good as when I was climbing daily. Woot!

Day 2: Rest day, with delicious pizza for dinner.

Day 3: Saturday I was super productive in my prepping and planning for life and grad school in the morning. Then in the afternoon I climbed for a couple hours with friends and then did a rather intensive tabata workout. The evening ended in a celebratory cupcake, which in my book is always a win.

Day 4: Ended up being a rest day as well, but I did walk around IKEA for hours, so that's got to count for something.

Day 5: I did a tabata workout at lunch. Four minute sets of 5 exercises; 20sec on, 10sec off. I did: push-ups, crunches, pull-ups, prisoner squats, and  planks. My arms where shaking for a good hour afterwards, which means I did a good job. Then it was snowing all day and after work, my roommate invited me to come on a group run with her. I'd bee iffy about it, but decided that it would be good for me to get out there. Turned out to be exactly what I needed and was a wonderful snowy run. I think I love running in the winter better than in the summer. But that run put in my in great mood for the evening. :)

Day 6: Yesterday! Well I should start by saying I thought yesterday was Saturday when I woke up, so I was disappointed when I had to get out of bed and get ready for work. But alas, I did. The day's workouts were as follows: A little lunch time crossfit: 5 minutes on the elliptical to warm up; then 5 rounds (rds): 10 dips, 10 incline sit-ups, 10 air squats, 10 V sit-ups, then lastly another 5 minutes on the  elliptical to cool down. Then after work, I went to the climbing gym and got some solid climbs in. It was definitely a good solid workout day all in all. :)

So that was the first 6 days, let's hope I can keep this up this time and update more often! :)


Also just as a note to any readers of this blog, I recently became a Road Runners Club of America Certified Running Coach. So if you are interested in having me coach you for an upcoming race, new endurance adventure or just because you want to learn to love running, leave me a comment and let me know! I am currently available for online coaching, as well as in person coaching in the DC metro area.

Have a great day!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment