It's the littlest steps
that weigh the most.
I
am tired
today, but
I
lace up
my running shoes
anyway.
It's about perseverance,
they say.
It's about being stronger,
stronger than this,
they say.
What do I know?
I
am just a broken
gem.
Pretty,
when you see it
lying in the sand.
A shard of
blue beach glass
that catches
your eye.
Then you pick her up,
only
to discover
She
is broken.
Sharp jagged edges
that have
not yet
been
worn down
by the sea.
I
am another story.
Another tale
you tell your children someday
of the road you followed
before you
found the one.
The one.
Not me,
but someone.
I
don't know you, but
I want you
all the more for that.
My hands
fall lightly on the keys,
playing the songs
I
wrote for
someone.
Someone I have
or haven't met yet.
The songs
a he
wrote for a her.
The she who
wrote for a
he.
The love
wasted,
but shared.
I
say, maybe.
Hoping that broken
will mend,
unbeatable
can bend.
How am
I
Supposed to see without
You?
It doesn't matter
matter anymore
if it was
he
him
his
or all of them,
it's simply
past
tense.
The memory of
Your closeness
breath in my ear
hand on my back
a meer
shadow
of the
past tense.
A courtesy
of heart
break
is time.
I
am forever.
And as time winds on
I
am giving up
on you,
but not on
Love.
The wind
blows hair across
my face.
I stand outside
in the rain.
Here's to
hoping
that broken
will mend,
unbeatable
can bend.
Broken will mend.
Unbeatable can bend.
Broken will mend.
Unbeatable can bend.
Broken will mend.
Unbeatable can bend.
No comments:
Post a Comment